The house of a state tax collector in Hakalahti, known in Finnish as Kruununvoudintalo, was built in its current location at the end of the 18th century, and it was renovated during the 1990s. However, there have been people living on the plot as early as in the middle of the 16th century when the estate was given the name Hakalax. The house was later made a local heritage building and named after the state tax collector Christian von Willinghusen (1666–1674).
Under the house, there is a dry-laid cellar made of natural stones, with an arched ceiling and dirt floor. According to legend, there was once a tunnel leading to the cellar, which the tax collector von Willinghusen used to smuggle merchandise past toll stations.